Welcome Off the Mat!

In sub-Saharan Africa, 11.6 Million children have been orphaned by HIV/AIDS and 1.8 Million children have HIV/AIDS themselves. 42 million children do not have access to basic needs---clean water, healthy food, or education.

You & I can help.

I am teaming with Off the Mat, Into the World to help African children infected/orphaned/affected by HIV/AIDs. I am raising $20,000 & traveling to Africa in February 2010 to work with these children.

With your help, we will provide:

COMFORT: We will buy new mattresses, water filtration system, and supplies for New Hope School and Orphanage, home to 350 HIV orphans.

EDUCATION: We will purchase land and construct a school for 325 children with Building Tomorrow and local villagers.

PREVENTION: With Shanti Uganda, we will build a birthing/vocational center for HIV mothers to prevent mother-to-child-transmission to babies.

PROTECTION: With YouthAIDS we will work to educate youth and prevent further future spread of HIV/AIDs.

Please DONATE to this worthy cause today!







Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter update

Hi all!

I hope everyone had a great Easter with lots of candy, sunshine, & kids! I took a little break from my project but am back to work cooking up new fundraising ideas and events.

My first "event" literally involved cooking & work--I baked sweets and sold them at NVIDIA. In addition, I posted a request for donations on NVIDIA's intranet. That project raised about $350.

Lately, I have been reaching out to friends, family, and practically everyone else I have ever met. One of the best parts is that I am reconnecting with people and hearing about the causes and projects that are important to them.

I am currently working on a project to engage my local yoga studios--more info on that one to come.

Any ideas, suggestions and help are most welcome!

Thanks for all the support--only $18, 975 to go!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment