Welcome Off the Mat!

In sub-Saharan Africa, 11.6 Million children have been orphaned by HIV/AIDS and 1.8 Million children have HIV/AIDS themselves. 42 million children do not have access to basic needs---clean water, healthy food, or education.

You & I can help.

I am teaming with Off the Mat, Into the World to help African children infected/orphaned/affected by HIV/AIDs. I am raising $20,000 & traveling to Africa in February 2010 to work with these children.

With your help, we will provide:

COMFORT: We will buy new mattresses, water filtration system, and supplies for New Hope School and Orphanage, home to 350 HIV orphans.

EDUCATION: We will purchase land and construct a school for 325 children with Building Tomorrow and local villagers.

PREVENTION: With Shanti Uganda, we will build a birthing/vocational center for HIV mothers to prevent mother-to-child-transmission to babies.

PROTECTION: With YouthAIDS we will work to educate youth and prevent further future spread of HIV/AIDs.

Please DONATE to this worthy cause today!







Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Breakin' ground!



Thanks to all my donors/supporters, I am prepping for my February trip to Uganda--getting my final round of shots, gathering birthing blankets/books for the birthing center & orphanage, and finalizing my travel arrangements. I will be blogging for Yoga Journal throughout my stay in Africa, but wanted to share the pix of the school ground-breaking with you now.

Many thanks and all my best this New Year!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment